Saturday 23 November 2013

5 Designs for Under a Fiver!

 I love nail art.
And good nail art doesn't have to be complicated or tricky - it can be Messy but that's Half the Fun.
 
 
So I wanted to do 5 Designs that Any Student Could Afford.
The most expensive design out of the 5 costs £3; £2 for 2 varnish colours (I used MUA available at superdrug or Poundland sale nail varnishes), £1 for a stamping plate from Poundland.
 
 
For a Gradient you need a kitchen sponge...

 if you have one don't go out and buy one ask a flat mate if you can have the edge of there's - it shouldn't make much of a difference.
 
This is what I mean by cutting the edge off.
 
 
Then you paint the two colours on and dab onto your finger nail, not to lightly or you'll create bubbles. You need to do two layers of this for it to be set.
 
 
Another look is Polka Dot. (Dotticure)
 
 
I created mine using a Hair Grip - you do need to watch the alignments of the dots. Always remember polka dots aren't random - they're organised!
 
 
 Stamping.
Now with £1 varnishes this is always going to look a bit dull so I suggest doing a repetitive pattern so it looks like you've gone for subtle ;)
 
 
I have a Stamping How to Guide if you're a little nervous ;)
 
 
Then there's Saran.
 
 
 You do this using Clingfilm, I will be posting a how to over the next couple of days.
You do your base, then another lay of a different colour, put some Clingfilm on the top and rub gently till you have a pattern.
 
"Spoldge"
was created when I went about Saran the wrong way and Dabbed Varnish on instead of painting it on then rubbing. What a rookie move. Anyway it really looks best with 3 colours but 2 will do!
 
 
For Splodge and Saran I don't see why you couldn't use a Plastic Carrier Bag instead of clingfilm.
I will do a couple of experiments tomorrow - just for you!
 
 Anyway I hope there is something for everyone on any budget here.
Comment and let me know what you think.
Peace and love xx


2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous idea! I've spent SO much money on stuff but it's always great to know that once you've got them you can do loads of cool stuff without having to shell out loads more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, glad you like it! There's got to be more stuff you could do.. maybe small water marbling - but I haven't mastered that yet so don't want to talk about it haha! xx Thanks for your comments hun xx

      Delete