Wednesday 14 August 2013

Budget Review: Miss Sporty Goth Me Up

Yesterday I posted a review of the Beetle Wings and Glossy Tech polish from the Miss sporty collection. Today I'm talking about the Goth Me Up. I saw this and was quite intrigued, not my normal sort of thing but I wanted to try it out!



I decided to try it on a couple of of colours so I started off with a coat of Miss Sporty Beetle Wings and 34 Hoola Hoop from Collection 2000...

 Miss Sporty do a bright pink called It's Not My Name which you could use instead...


Then I applied my second coat of varnishes... and waited till bone dry....
 
 

I actually slept over night before applying this top coat, so they were defo defo dry... now I don't know what I was expecting but was a bit suprised by the grungy colour it changed my nails... and then I remember it is called 'Goth Me Up'.


After the top coat was dry I could see some streaks, more noticeable on the pink than the metal flip, so I did a second coat and these are the final results...


It definitely does what is says on the bottle and gave my nails a nice shine as well, but there were still some streaks visible on the pink nails. I'm not sure if this is because of the bottom layer of pink paint or the formula.

I did however LOVE the look of it over Beetle Wings, very seductive!


For those who like to change with the seasons this could be a cheap investment to help tone down your bright Summer colours in the Fall/Winter (but I would advise against putting it over yellow, have seen some bad results)...
I think it's also a good investment for rock chicks, gig and festival goers!

What do you think? Would you purchase this effect and when would you use it? Comment below!

World Peace .\/..



No comments:

Post a Comment